To build strong ties with your listeners and make your radio more interactive, we highly recommend using audio shout-outs. If you have a Pro or Business Radio Station, you are able to export an "Audio Shout-Outs" widget to a Radio Site or any web page. Your listeners can use this widget to send short audio messages to be broadcast on your station.
If you have a Start Radio Station and you’d like to upgrade your offer, we invite you to follow these steps.
LISTEN TO YOUR AUDIO SHOUT-OUTS
Head over to the Library Tab of your Radio Manager and click on the Audio Shout-Out tray.
This tray is where we store the audio shout-outs your listeners record through the widget. Take your time to listen and filter though the messages! Feel free to keep only the ones worth broadcasting.
The "Title" field displays the day and time the audio shout-out was recorded. The "Artist" field gives you the name of the listener who recorded it.
To delete an audio shout-out, it's very simple:
1) Hover on the shout-out you want to erase
2) Click on the three dots
3) Select "Delete"
SCHEDULE AN AUDIO SHOUT-OUT
We're now going to schedule a listener's audio shout-out to broadcast on 21/01/2021 at 8PM. We are doing the scheduling on the day before, that is on 20/01/2021.
1) Head over to the Scheduling > Breaks tab
2) Click on the Add a break button at the top right of the screen
3) Under General, you can choose the Broadcast time, the Priority and the option of stopping the music. For our example, we will set the broadcast time to 8PM.
4) Under Content > Track, you can search for the audio shout-out you want to schedule. Once it appears on screen, you can select it by clicking.
5) Under Broadcast days, you can choose the day(s) you want your audio shout-out to be broadcasted. If you want your audio shout-out to broadcast only once, you'll need to choose the two same dates.
In our example, we're going to select January 21st for a starting date and January 21st again for an ending date.
6) Under Repeat you can choose how many times per day you want your radio audio shout-out to broadcast. In our example, we aren't going to activate this option because we only want our audio shout-out to broadcast once.
7) Click on Add
Careful : Now that you have scheduled your audio shout-out, you need to let your Radio Manager know that you have modified the planning. Head over to Scheduling > Daly Generation, select your show's broadcast day and click on Regenerate Day
In order to regenerate the current day, your radio station must restart itself.
To learn more more about daily generation, please check this tutorial.