Geo-protection allows you to restrict or prohibit the listening of your radio to certain countries. This can be useful in particular to comply with broadcasting licenses.
To activate geo-protection:
- Click on the 3 dots found next to the name of your radio station
- Go to Settings > Security
- Enable geo-protection
Select “I want to block” when you:
- Want listeners from the listed countries to be blocked from your radio
- Want listeners from the NON-listed countries to have access to your radio
Example: Here, I want to block France. This means that people in France will not have access to my radio station.
Select “I want to allow” when you:
- Want listeners from the listed countries to have access to your radio
- Want listeners from the NON-listed countries to be blocked
Example: Here, I want to allow France. This means that only people in France have access to my radio station.
To sum up, "block" corresponds to a black list of countries and "allow" corresponds to a white list.
Careful: There is an unknown country location that explicitly allows you to block/authorize listeners when your Radio Manager is unable to determine the country.