Please note: From June 13, 2023, Google will no longer offer the ability to create Google Actions (voice commands). Your "Connected Speakers" offer will continue to be effective only on Alexa after this date. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you informed of any changes.
You can now add your online radio station to Alexa allowing your most connected listeners to launch your radio with a simple voice command!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This voice application will allow your listeners to:
- Launch your radio station
- Ask for the title and artist of the current track
PREREQUISITES FOR CREATING YOUR VOICE APPLICATIONS
1) To create your voice applications, your will need a radio stream. This stream can either be hosted on RadioKing or via any other host.
Pease bear in mind that the radio stream must be provided in MP3, AAC or HLS format.
Top Tip: If you don't have a radio yet, you can create your own trial radio by clicking on this link!
If you own an FM radio and you want to broadcast on the internet, we invite you to read this article.
2) To publish your Alexa Skill, Amazon asks for proof that you can broadcast copyrighted music on it.
We will need you to provide a link to a documentation demonstrating that you have the right to use the music content within your skill.
The documentation must be either a link to a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder or a link to a copy of the applicable license.
You will have to provide this document when ordering your voice applications.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR VOICE APPLICATIONS?
1) Click here to open the application creation form.
2) Choose a name for your application. This is the name your listeners will have to pronounce in order to launch your radio.
3) Choose the language of your application.
4) Add your logo. Ideally, you want to use an image larger than 512 x 512 pixels.
5) Your slogan, description and keywords are requested to optimise your application's referencing on Amazon.
6) Here we request your radio stream URL. If you need some help to set your stream, you will find more information here.
7) You have the option to disable titling. Use this option if you don't want your listeners to have access to the current track name.
THE PUBLISHING PROCESS
1) The first step is to fill the creation form.
2) Next, you'll need to make a payment for your smart speaker subscription ($119 / £89 / €99 billed annually.)
3) We will need you to provide us with the proof described in the first part of this tutorial (proof that you can broadcast copyrighted music on your radio). You can send it via our support.
4) Once we receive the document, it takes 5 to 10 business days to publish your application.
Top Tip: If you wish to publish your application in another language, you can do so by contacting our support team. This operation requires your application to be re-published for $18 / £12 / €15.